Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Twisted Ankle Trail Run - Time to Get Ready!

This Saturday is finally race day. I'm excited, but also more than a little nervous. The weather is looking rather ominous for the whole weekend, and I'm significantly less prepared than I thought I would be.

I had hoped to drive to the race location (which is 3 hours away) before Saturday, since I've never been there before - but that never happened. I thought I would be camping, but all the spots are taken so I'll be camping out in the car. I thought I would be running this race, but thanks to multiple MRSA infections and Blondie-Bad-Driver plowing into me with her car while I was jogging... well, you get the idea. I haven't run more than a mile at a time since I was hit and here I am about to do 13 miles up and down a mountain.

All things considered, I'm kind of amazed that I'm still planning on going. It's like all the cosmos are aligning to kick my ass for even bothering to try. And yet, last night I picked out my clothes for the weekend, gathered my camping gear and made a grocery list. I put my camera in a zip-lock bag and found my rain gear (cause dang, do you see that forecast?!).

And what's even crazier - I'm actually excited about this thing. Because if I pull this off, I will be saying F-you to my injuries and Blondie-Drives-Like-a-Bat-Outta-Hell. Even if I come in last place - at least I will have done it.

So here's to hoping I don't get struck by lighting...

Visit the official website of the race: The Twisted Ankle Trail Run

No comments:

Post a Comment