Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

2011 Trail Running


So I think I have decided on my next two races.

I will definitely be signing up for the Mountain Ranger Run - a 15K (9.3 miles) trail run at Camp Merrill in Dahlonega, Georgia (see hardcore Ranger emblem to the right). My sister has already signed up, and I really want to run a race with her this year.

Further, the run isn't until April 30th, so I will have sufficient time to train competitively. I was looking at the other runners' times for the past two trail runs I've done, and I think I can be competitive in the female division if I run 10 minute miles. So that's my goal for this race.

The other race I'm still considering is the McKay Hollow Madness Trail Run - a 25K. It is under consideration because it is only 8 weeks away and I doubt that I could safely/healthfully train 'competitively' for it in that amount of time. However, it is very nearby, it would get me more trail running experience, it's cheap, and it would help me make sure that I start training for the Ranger Run.

The deadline to sign up for the McKay Hollow Madness Run is March 20th - so I have some time before I have to decide. I think I'm going to start training for it, and re-evaluate in the beginning of March. If I run it, my goal will be to finish with an 11:45 pace - which is halfway between my pace for the last trail 25K and my goal for the Ranger Run.

Updates to come - Rangers lead the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment