Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Update

So, it's been a couple weeks. Here's what's been happenin'

Got a CT scan yesterday. Horrible and horribly funny. It really wouldn't have been a bad experience except that I'm apparently quiet terrified of all things hospital. I cried when they stuck me in the swirlie tube of death and I squealed when the contrast-drug thing made my arm burn. I also got jabbed in an artery, so there was a pretty huge bubble of blood under my skin. Looked like somebody crammed a golf ball in there.

Anywho - the CT scan was done to check out my tonsils b/c I'm on day....17 of antibiotics and still infected.

Still having intestinal issues, although they have improved since I have: started a new medicine; stopped sleeping laying down; stopped drinking coffee; stopped eating for 2 hours before bed; stopped eating meal-sized meals. I still haven't gotten my EGD - my fault because the doctor freaks me the heck out and I don't want to see him. I'm gonna find someone else.

In other news:

I've been raising a ruckus at school, trying to get classes scheduled. I have a feeling I am not my professors' favorite student right now. I'm president of the Student Advisory Council... which apparently doesn't work well if you also work full-time. I hope I can pull it off.

I took my first out-door whipper while climbing (big fall where you smack into the rock). I screamed like a tiny little girl with very large lungs. But I was quite unharmed and tried the climb again. And then gave up when I fell again. That route was "Thin in the Middle" at Sandrock, and I hope to go back and try it again. I did manage to lead "My Dog has Fleas" thanks to so awesome encouragement from my fellow climbers.

I've got to run to class now, so that's it for now. I've got a doctor's visit tomorrow to find out about the CT scan... wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness...I hope they figure it out soon, and get you all fixed up!

    ReplyDelete