Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer School 2010 - DONE!

That's right, my summer semester is already over! It was crazy intense with many back to back 13-14 hour days, loads of reading, research, and some surprisingly fun group work. I still love both of my professors, and I am extremely excited about the upcoming school year. I don't think I'll ever do two summer classes at once again though - I like sleep, and I'd like to get more of it than 5 hours a night. I'm hoping to find out my grades by this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

One of my big school projects over the summer was doing a research paper on how medical library websites have complied to the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. It was one of those projects where the more I learned, the more aware I became of how very little I know. I also learned that I suck at presentations. I'm going to keep working on this topic during the fall semester when I take Research Methods with Dr. Aversa. I should probably also join toastmasters or something too...

It's funny - you'd like with all of my theater experience that a little class presentation in front of my really super awesome classmates would be no big deal, but daaaamn did I suck. I did that whole 'blank out' thing and couldn't remember what I had rehearsed saying, I got all sweaty and shaky and my heart kept pounding. My voice did that stupid squeaky breathy thing. Ugh. I just really hope I didn't blow my grade thanks to that craptastic showing (it's entirely possible that I did).

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment