Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

WACC Salad Recipe

Okay, so this isn't really a 'recipe' - you don't have to cook anything. But I was rummaging through my fridge the other morning for breakfast and this is what I came up with. I can see it as a fast breakfast or healthy snack.

I'm not a huge fan of cottage cheese (as y'all probably already know), but I found that the flavor and texture of the apple and walnuts took care of that. It was pretty dang yummy and did not upset my stomach (still a major achievement these days) and it filled me up for the whole morning. It is packed with protein and fiber.

Walnut Apple Cottage Cheese (WACC) Salad
  • One small apple, chopped
  • 1/4 C cottage cheese
  • 1/8 C chopped walnuts
Nutritional Information
(approximated)
  • 257 calories
  • 421 mg sodium - about 18% of your DV per the FDA
  • 35 g carbs - about 12% DV per the FDA
  • 5 g fiber - about 20% DV per the FDA
  • 15 g sugar
  • 16.5 g protein (DV is based on your weight and activity level; this is about 27% my DV)
  • 11% DV Vitamin C
  • 12% DV Iron
  • ?? Calcium - 5% DV per FDA

Photo By Ann Stratton

The nutritional info above was taking from online searches rather than the packaging itself, so it truly is an approximation. Still, useful info hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment