Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tashka Trail Run - Done!

Oooooouuuuch!!!

Haha, I'm quite happy to say that I finished the race. It was a lot of fun, but I really need to train if I'm going to keep doing this. I am soooo sore!

I finished the 25K (15 miles) in 3 hours and 30 minutes (13:31 mile pace), and I placed 64th out of 84th racers (male & female). So yeah, I came in closer to last that the middle. But, I actually did much better than the last race where I ran 13 miles in 3 hours and 23 minutes (15:40 mile pace).

Here's the link to the race results: http://tashka50k.com/RaceResults2010.aspx

And because I did this for the last race, here were my thoughts during certain points of the run:

Start of the Race:
Why am I the only person with a backpack??

Mile One, I'm at the head of the pack:
Hahaha, suckers! I'm gonna crush this race!

Mile Two, I'm getting passed by everyone as I slow down:
aaawww craaaaaap....

Mile Four, 1st aid station, where I was informed that it was 'mile 7 or 8':
I am making AWESOME time! This is AWESOME I'm halfway done and I only feel like I've run 4 miles!!!

Mile Eight, 2nd aid station, where I was informed of the correct mileage:
!@$^%$@^%$~!!!!!!!!

Mile 10ish I almost tripped over this runner who collapsed on the path in front of me from leg craps:
%$@#%@#%!!!!!

Mile 13, I was informed "You're almost done, only two miles left, and they're a lot of fun":
SWEEEETT!!!!!

Mile 13-15 turned about to be the hardest two miles of the course, with hills so steep it would be pretty much a death wish to actually try and run them:
LIAR!!!! THIS IS NOT FUN!!!! LIIIIIIIIIAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!! ARRRRR!!!

Mile 15, flat road race finish:
Thank you sweet perfect little baby Jesus!!!

Derek met me at the last quarter mile and ran to the finish with me. And then he took care of me all weekend because I was completely destroyed. He rocks :)

Not sure if there will be any pictures - the photographers took some during the race, but I don't know if I'm in any. Will post if I see some.

No comments:

Post a Comment