Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Hump Day

This morning was my pre-admission appointment for Friday's surgery. At this point, I've heard enough horror stories from Jim-bob and Betty-sue that I'm ready for a good old fashioned freak out session. Thankfully, they're gonna knock me out for the whole thing so I won't have the chance to wig-out during surgery (as I have done before...).

Interesting tidbit that I guess I should have expected:

I will have a breathing tube (be intubated? sp?) for the surgery. That will be a first for me

In other news, tomorrow is our work Christmas party - pretty much an all day eating-fest. I'm pretty happy about that. Going to bake some cookies for it tonight with Derek & Garrett.

Garrett is here for a short visit, then when he heads home to his folks' house my mama will be coming. She's going to help Derek help me post-surgery.

I think that's all the big news I have right now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope your surgery goes ever so smoothly! And a speedy recovery to you too! If I was there, I'd be ready with every flavor of popsicle and pudding you could ever want!

    Much love!

    P.S. - they usually take the tube out of your throat before you wake up - so basically, you just feel like you've swallowed a bowling ball.

    ReplyDelete