Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Smoothie Recipe


I decided to try some more mushy-type foods since I'm having problems with my innards. I'm super excited about this smoothie recipe because it involves me eating cottage cheese (super high in protein) without having to TASTE or feel the texture of cottage cheese

Mix in yo blender:
1 C of frozen mixed berries
1/4 C frozen yogurt, plain
1/4 C cottage cheese
1/4 milk (more if you want it smoother)

This madness will get you a berry flavored smoothie treat for a total of 190-ish calories, about 25% of your DV of calcium and 11 smacking grams of protein. You'll get some little bits of vitamin D, vitamin C, and fiber but nothing spectacular. I'm thinking this will be an excellent post-workout recovery drink (after loads of water at least).

I tried it out, and I promise you cannot taste the cottage cheese at all. I'm even considering substituting all of the frozen yogurt for cottage cheese next time (that would bump the total protein up to 17 grams) - and I hate the taste of cottage cheese, so that should say something!

Anybody have any awesome smoothie recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment