Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday Weekend

This past weekend was my birthday (sooo ooooold), and my mama came down for a four-day gettaway. We had a fabulous time relaxing and touring Tuscaloosa. On Friday, I showed her around campus including the Health Sciences Library, the UA Recreation Center, and the School of Library and Information Studies. Saturday we went up to Tannehill and hiked in the woods (it only counts as getting lost if we couldn't find our way back, right?). That evening we went to the Olive Garden for a birthday dinner. Pretty sure the waitress hit on me. Watch out Derek, you have some competition! On Sunday we worked out, shopped, drove through downtown Northport (didn't know they'd be closed on Sunday), and spent the evening at home.

All in all, it was much needed time away from library land and much desired together time with my mama. Now I'm back in the action, trying to wrap up my summer semester. Only 16 days until Derek is home!

(PS - have a couple of pictures on a different computer; will upload in a bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment