Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Food Confessions

I think Derek and I have been getting reputations as 'health nuts' with our friends and family. We are both constantly in training, trying to eat right, and lead generally healthy lifestyles. While I've not always bothered to be strict about it during family gatherings, I've been an on-and-off vegetarian for a couple years now...

Those of you who were at my wedding might be laughing now if you recall the predominately meat-based menu that we offered during our reception. No I didn't eat any of it. Yes, I actually was trying to be vegetarian then. I think all I ate that entire day was a few pieces of fruit, some dip and bread, and some lemonade that one of the catering staff forced on me when I was looking woozy. Oh, and my bite of cake and champagne. My nerves wouldn't allow for any more than that.

Back to the main idea of this post. Despite the fact that Derek and I try to lead generally healthy lifestyles, I do have some guilty pleasures in my diet. Especially when Derek is out of town, I tend to fall off the 'healthy' bandwagon and go for complete glutton.

Por ejemplo - today I had a large pepsi and large curly fry from Arby's for lunch. Ooooh yeah.  And it was amazing. I mean, yes - it made me instantly nauseous and I'm about to reach for my tums to kill some heartburn. But it was totally worth it. Not that bad, you say? Well keep reading...

My food sins for this month already include (in addition to the Arby's):
  • Poptarts
  • Doughnuts
  • Potato Chips (I always tell folks I don't like potato chips, but I secretly love them. It's really a problem. If I start eating them, I can't stop. Like Pringles sprinkled with crack.)
  • Rainbow Sherbert
  • Peanut Butter M&M's
  • Beer
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • And of course, insane amounts of coffee
The beer and coffee really give me acid reflux, so I shouldn't drink them. I know coffee can actually be good for you if consumed in reasonable quantities, but I'm rarely reasonable. Hence my daily Prevacid popping this month. 

So there is it. My food confessions laid out for you to see. I'm really not that healthy. I'm only in day 5 of August, and I've already had all that junk. I was hoping that confessing it all would embarrass me so I'd be less likely to indulge later.... but now I'm just hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment