This morning started with an awesome phone conversation with my mama. She had some fantastic news about her health care that made me super happy for her.
Next, I got to see Chelsea and WALK with her to her very first class of this semester! So unbelievably wonderful. Every time I think about the obstacles this young woman has overcome, and the sheer willpower and courage she has in her, I am amazed. I feel so fortunate to know her.
After that, I got to work right on time and was able to make a last minute tweak to my course schedule. Instead of taking Cataloging & Special Libraries on Wednesdays and Thursdays, I am now taking Archives on Tuesdays and Special Libraries on Thursdays.
This is fantastic for 3 big reasons:
- Archives is freaking cool
- I will have two of my most favorite professors (Riter & Campbell-Meier) for my last semester at SLIS
- The Tue-Thurs schedule is much easier to work my race training into - and when doing work full-time AND school AND anything else, good scheduling is absolutely crucial!
- I had a yummy mint-chocolate protein bar for breakfast (seriously, those things are like crack to me, I LOVE them)
- I have a 'ball-chair' to sit in at work now, which I think will help loads with my low back pain AND help build up some core strength
- I'm only two days away from my WFR!
- I don't have to go to class tonight like I thought I would, so I actually have time to go grocery shopping and pack for my WFR tonight (leaving straight from work Friday, and I have class tomorrow night - so I do need to be ready in advance)