Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm a dork

School's out and I have all sorts of crazy free time I did not have before. So for this past weekend I made a fabulous list of all the wonderful things I wanted to get done before Derek gets home (YAY!) this Thursday. Here was my list:

- Laundry
- Clean the carpets
- Do the dishes
- Put away my school papers
- Put away my sewing supplies
- Put away my jewelry making stuff
- Go grocery shopping
- Go for a run
- Lift weights
- Clean the bathroom
- Plan some meals
- ... you get the idea

A very productive 'get things ready' for Derek to come home working weekend.... yeah. That totally did not happen. Here's what I did instead... slightly edited for public consumption:

- Slept
- Slept some more
- Read waaaay too many romance novels
- Exchanged romance novels for MORE romance novels
- I DID go for a run... and came pretty close to getting heat stroke
- Got dizzzy and laid out on the floor for a while after the run
- Woke up at some point
- Went to a party
- Met some sweet horses
- Hung out with some cool people
- Slack lined
- Shot some shot guns (not near the horses)
- Rode in the back of a pick-em-up truck :)
- Drank some beer
- Slept on the recliner because the bed would NOT stop spinning (stupid beer)
- Drank some really good coffee
- Read some more romance novels
- Went for a hike
- Decided to cool my feet off in a lake
- Got bit by a fish
- Read another romance novel
- Did not accomplish a single chore

Yeap. That's about it. Free time is dangerous.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You sound a bit like me right now. I mean, I'm getting things done, but not nearly at the rate I had previously hoped. Romance novels, eh? That is hilarious! You've still got some time before he gets home, right? You can do it!
    Oh! And slack lining looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete