Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Manic Monday

I realize that it is now Wednesday. But I am going to tell you about my Monday. Tuesday was much like Monday, except there was a crazy ass thunderstorm that rolled into town and, I was rescued from death by watery electrocution by one of the UA basketball players... but that's a different story... anyway...


I got up at 5:30AM, managed to make coffee & climb back into bed with my first hot cup of amazing and my class reading without opening my eyes once. I don't do mornings.

One hour and 3 cups later, I have one article read and I'm almost feeling human. Almost.

I plodded into the shower. I sloshed out of the shower. I guess I was awake at this point.

I packed my work bag, my school bag, my gym bag and I scrambled out the door to get to work by 7:45... I didn't make it, but I was still there before 8:00. Success.

I had a full day of work including the New Resident Orientation complete with cutesy info-folders to be put together & passed out.

Freedom at 4:45!

Well, sort of. Freedom to go to another library and work on my homework for the next 2 hours. I think I had 3 minutes of feeling super cool because I was a kick-ass grad student in the restricted section with a huge pile of dusty reference books and I looked so freaking smart... and then I had 1 hour and 57 minutes of reeeeeading those friggin books. It seems so much cooler on tv when there is background music and looks of deep concentration and then WHAMOO the studious student is done and naturally the smartest person in the world.

It doesn't really work like that in real life... Why doesn't it work like that in real life??

Next I plodded across campus and attempted to find my car. Called my sister-in-law back to discuss life while I tried to find car. Finally found car. Dropped my bags in the car and left the car again. Sad car.

Then I went for a run. Thank you Modest Mouse for singing to me about death while I ran. Seriously, it's inspiring in that whole 'make the most of things before you die' kinda of way. Finished run. Very sweaty. Found car again. Good car! Right where I left you. Tried to get into car without dripping too much sweat all over the place. Drove the good car home.

Got home. Dumped all bags on the couch and went to the kitchen. Pulled out a beer. Dumped the beer into a bowl with flour and sugar. Very sad. Mixed it up and plopped it in the oven. Set timer. Started hang-board work out. Fell off hang-board repeatedly. Thanked god that I don't have downstairs neighbors. Smelled the AMAZING bread. Went to the kitchen, opened oven, grabbed bread... [!#$!*%$)*&#$*].... released bread, grabbed oven mitt, grabbed bread again, dropped bread on counter, got ice.... turned off oven...

Resumed work out with abs.

9:00PM - Finished workout finally!

Plodded into the shower. Sloshed out of the shower. I was not awake at this point.

Made dinner. I'm not really sure what it was. I think maybe burritos and pop-tarts? Texted my love at some point. Set my alarm for 5:30AM again. Read another article for school.

Lights out at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment